Thursday, September 6, 2007

Got my hands on N800

I got a pair of N800's related to my next assignment. Quite a toy! I was part of N770 development team, and we cussed about a lot of things in it, the lack fo memory and flash capacity as our prime targets. 64mb for memory and another 64mb for storage was way too little for a embedded Debian.

N800 does it different: double the memory and quaruple the storage, and another flash card slot for even more storage: one internal and one removable. Stereo speakers instead of mono, yummy. Faster OMAP processor, about twice the speed; oh the luxury!

Anyways, if you have any interest for this kind of device, I can recommend it warmly. New software versions are coming out frequently enough and community has ported and developed hundrers of applications for it. Just google for Maemo Mapper (and purchase GPS with Bluetooth) and you have a navigator! The list goes on...

Shoo, go get one! :D

No comments: